Wisdom Tooth Removal
Wisdom teeth often do not have enough space to emerge in the mouth, and when they do, they are often very difficult to reach and keep clean properly. Therefore, wisdom teeth often cause pain and discomfort due to infections which can sometimes become very serious and even life threatening.
The following can be solved or prevented by removal of wisdom teeth:
- Serious problems that develop from impacted (stuck) teeth that are unable to completely break through the gums and come out, infection/swelling, damage to other teeth and bone, or a cyst.
- One or more of your wisdom teeth may come in at an awkward angle, with the top of the tooth facing forward, backward, or to either side.
- Crowding of the back teeth.
- Red, swollen, and painful gums caused by a flap of skin around a wisdom tooth that has only partially come in.
- Gum disease and tooth decay in the wisdom tooth, which may be harder to clean than other teeth, or in the teeth and jaw in the area of the wisdom tooth.
At Precision Dental in Glendale, California, Dr. Leo Aghajanian will be more than happy to address any questions that you may have concerning your wisdom teeth and the removal process.