ICON Resin Infiltration
What is Resin Infiltration?
Have you noticed any white spots on your teeth lately? Do you want to treat and prevent cavities in their early stage all without any drilling? Icon Resin Infiltration is the solution!
If you have early-stage cavities, Icon Resin Infiltration is an effective and minimally invasive reatment option which involves using an ultra-thin applicator to fill the incipient caries(early cavities) between teeth with an ultra-low viscosity resin. The cavity is prevented from progressing any further! The treatment does not require drilling the tooth, and most important of all your tooth structure is preserved!
White spots on teeth can be caused by a number of things. They can be the result of developmental defects, trauma, fluorosis, medications or tooth decay. These conditions result in changes in the microscopic structure of enamel usually causing the enamel to become porous. The pores are filled with air that reflects light differently from healthy enamel, making the spots look white.
Resin infiltration is a dental procedure that can help to correct white spots on your teeth. It is a minimally invasive treatment that involves the placement of resin material into the pores of the enamel, which helps to fill them in and restore the natural appearance of the tooth. Resin infiltration is a quick, easy, and affordable treatment that can provide a long-lasting solution to white spots on teeth.
How does Resin Infiltration work?
Resin Infiltration treatments are completed in a single dental visit and don’t require any drilling on your teeth. The process usually takes 45 minutes to an hour.
- The dentist will first examine your teeth and assess the degree of white spot damage.
- If you are a candidate for resin infiltration, the dentist may numb your teeth with a local anesthetic to keep you comfortable throughout the process.
- A conditioner will be applied to the tooth's surface, and then the resin material will be applied to the pores of the enamel.
- The resin will be drawn up into the pores of the enamel, a blue light will be used to cure the resin creating a seal over the pores which restores the natural appearance of your teeth and halts the progression of cavities.
- You may experience minor discomfort after the treatment, but this will go away within a few days.
- Your teeth may be sensitive to hot and cold after the treatment, so you should avoid hot and cold drinks and foods for a few days.
Resin Infiltration in Glendale
Dr. Leo Aghajanian uses the latest technology in the market. Icon is a revolutionary new approach to treating incipient caries (early cavities) and white spots.
If you have a small cavity or white spots on the surface of your teeth, Icon Resin Infiltration may be a good option for you. Talk to your Glendale dentist, Dr. Aghajanian, about whether Icon Resin Infiltration is right for you.
We are waiting for your next visit!